In a time-crunch for dinner? Try making this roast in your Instapot!
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 – 3 lb. boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed
- Black pepper, to taste
- Seasoned salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 – 14.5 oz. can beef broth
- 1 1/2 T. A-1 Sauce™ or your favorite steak sauce
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 4 wedges
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- Heat oil in Instapot over medium-high heat.
- Brown roast on all sides in the hot oil; season with pepper, seasoned salt and onion powder.
- Pour in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and add the quartered onion and seal the lid.
- Bring the cooker up to full pressure. Reduce heat to low, maintaining full pressure, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Use the quick-release method to lower the pressure.
- Mix in carrots and potatoes, seal the lid again, and return the pressure cooker to the heat.
- Bring the cooker up to full pressure and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Use the quick-release method again and transfer the roast and vegetables to a serving dish.