This is the perfect meal to serve when you have a bunch of hungry eaters! It goes together quickly & it’ll probably get eaten even quicker!
- 1 1/2 lbs. of ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/3 c. organic onion, diced
- 1/3 c. organic green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. organic black pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp. organic paprika powder
- 20 oz. of Sweet & Tasty Hearty Marinara Sauce
- 1 – 8 oz. package of gluten free egg noodles
- 1 c. low fat cottage cheese
- 1 – 8 oz. package of low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 c. low fat sour cream
- 1 T. organic poppy seeds
- 1/3 c. shredded Parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- Organic extra virgin olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown ground beef or ground turkey with the onion & green pepper in a skillet on medium setting.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- Once the noodles are cooked & drained. Then add the cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream & poppy seeds to them.
- Prepare a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish with organic extra virgin olive oil spray.
- Spread the noodle mixture in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Then cover it with the meat sauce.
- Bake it for 30 minutes or until you see the juices bubbling up the sides of the casserole dish.
- Right after it comes out of the oven, sprinkle it with the shredded Parmesan cheese (if desired).