There are a lot of different recipes for hummus. What sets this one apart from all of the others is the addition of a little something to spice up your life!
- 2 med. cloves of organic garlic, minced
- 1 can organic chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 3 T. sesame tahini
- 3 to 4 T. pure lime juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 c. water
- Place garlic & lemon juice in a blender. Then mince them.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini & salt. Then purée them together.
- If the consistency is too thick for the blender, add a little water at a time & scrape the sides of the blender with a rubber spatula.
- Purée mixture to a thick paste.
- Transfer to a container that has a tight fitting lid.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before eating.
- Serve with gluten free crackers, organic & gluten free tortilla chips, organic pears, or organic Granny Smith apples.