Grandpa’s Pasta Sauce
What can I say? Grandpa always had the best recipes & this one’s one of his best! If you can’t trust Grandpa then who else can you trust?!
Ingredients for Grandpa’s Pasta Sauce:
- 3 cans of 32 oz. tomato puree, preferably organic
- 2 1/4 cans water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 sweet peppers
- 2-3 Hungarian hot peppers (optional)
- 1/2 c monk fruit or other low carb sweetener
- 2 T. oregano
- 2 T. Italian seasoning
- 1 T. basil
- 1 T. garlic salt
- 1 T. onion salt
- 3 T. Parmesan Cheese
- 2 lbs. of ground beef made into meatballs
- 2 Italian sausage links
- 1 tsp. baking powder
Directions for Grandpa’s Pasta Sauce:
- Put all ingredients in a sauce pot except for the meat. Bring to boil.
- Add 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- Add sausage & meatballs.
- Simmer for 1 hour with the lid on & 2 hours with lid off.
- Serve over your favorite zoodles, gluten free noodles or anything that you wish!
Ingredients for the Meatballs:
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Low carb bread crumbs or almond flour
Directions for the Meatballs:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Mix meat, eggs & grated cheese together.
- Then add salt & pepper (to taste).
- Add breadcrumbs until you can form firm meatballs.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until they’re brown but not crispy.
- Use in any recipe calling for meatballs. Especially this one!