Cookies are the way to anyone’s heart, especially these heart healthy ones!
- 1/2 cup palm shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup honey (when I get adventurous substitute wheat belly sugar)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 4 T. coconut flour
- 4 tsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 1/2 T. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream shortening and eggs in a bowl for 1 minute.
- Add honey and vanilla and mix for another minute.
- Put dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and mix.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Add raisins next and mix in.
- Use cookie scoop to scoop out the dough and put on cookie sheet.
- Flatten with spatula or the bottom of a glass cup that’s been dipped in flaxseed.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until lightly browned. Cool in pan.
Makes 2 dozen. Dough freezes well.