Forget your granny’s Thanksgiving sweet potato casserole dish that’s baked with marshmallow’s on top! This recipe tastes oh so much better & it’s much healthier to eat!
Yields 8 servings
- 2 lbs. organic sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 1″ slices
- 1 c. frozen organic apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tsp. organic cornstarch
- 1/3 c. Monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp. butter (or Ghee)
- 1 tsp. real maple syrup from Vermont
- 1 tsp. clear organic vanilla extract
- In a Dutch oven, cover the potatoes with water & boil just until tender. Then drain & keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice concentrate & corn starch together. Bring them to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil & stir for 2 minutes (or until thickened & bubbly).
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in Monk fruit sweetener, butter, maple syrup & vanilla until well blended.
- Pour glaze over potatoes in a serving bowl & toss gently.
Per Serving: Calories 189; Fat 1 g.; Carbs 44g. Sodium 26 mg.