If at all possible, use fresh herbs when you make this recipe, because it gives the eggplant the most amazing flavor! If you don’t have access to fresh herbs, that’s okay. Dried herbs will work, just use smaller quantities, of each one.
- 1 eggplant
- 3 T. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or dried organic garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped (or dried organic basil)
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme, finely chopped (or dried organic thyme)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped (or dried organic dill)
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, finely chopped (or dried organic oregano)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the eggplant into 1/4″ slices & salt them lightly.
- Let them sit for about 15 minutes so the salt can bring out the moisture of the pieces. Wipe them dry with some paper towels.
- Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic herbs, salt & pepper (to taste). Let sit to absorb the flavors for about 15 minutes.
- Brush eggplant with oil and herb mixture all over, ensuring that the herbs get distributed well.
- Place on a lightly greased grill or grill pan & grill for about 15-20 minutes, turning them over about halfway through.