Replace the bread! Throw away the cornbread! This recipe is not only good! It’s gluten free & vegetarian/vegan! And did I already mention that it tastes great? Well, it does!
- 3 3/4 c. water
- 2 1/3 c. organic chickpea flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 6 T. organic extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium organic onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pour water into a large bowl & slowly add the chickpea flour, mixing it in with a wire whisk.
- Add salt & let it stand at room temp. for 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove the foam from the top.
- Grease a 12″ x 16″ baking pan with 2 T. of olive oil.
- Sprinkle generously with pepper.
- In a medium nonstick pan, combine onion in 2 T. of olive oil. Cook at medium temp. for about 10 min.
- Place onion slices on top of farinata.
- Bake for 20 to 25 min.
- Cool for at least 10 min. before cutting. This cuts best with a plastic knife.