What an amazing burst of flavor that comes with every single bite of this recipe! You’ll want to make a double batch because the first one will be gone in just one sitting!
- 1 1/4 lb. chicken breasts, boneless & skinless & cut into strips (can substitute ground chicken if you prefer it)
- 1/4 c. water
- 3 c. green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 T. fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 T. green onions, chopped
- 1 T. rice vinegar
- 2 T. coconut aminos
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 T. toasted sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage & cook, stirring the meat as it cooks, for approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Once chicken is no longer pink, remove from heat & carefully drain excess grease from pan. Safety Tip: Wipe off any excess fat, that drips down the side of the pan, before returning to burner.
- Return skillet to heat. Add water & scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula.
- Reduce heat to medium & add shredded cabbage, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil, ginger & green onions.
- Season with salt and black pepper (to taste) & cook, stirring frequently, until the cabbage wilts & the carrot softens, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar and coconut aminos & stir to combine. Cook another 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat & transfer to a serving platter or bowl.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds (if desired) & serve immediately.