Whenever you see a recipe that’s super simple to make you might think that it’s not so good for you. This recipe’s the opposite of that! Easy to make & really good for you!
Serves 8 slices
Ingredients for the Coffee Cake:
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1/8 c. water
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 3 T. organic vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 T. organic & gluten free baking powder
- 1 T. organic cinnamon powder
- 2 T. Monk fruit sweetener
Ingredients for the Topping:
- 1/4 c. ground nuts (your choice but organic is best)
- 1/2 tsp. molasses (or Organic Coconut Palm Sugar)
- 1 T. gluten free vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 T. cold butter (or Ghee)
Instructions for the Coffee Cake:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the eggs, water, heavy cream & oil together. Mix well.
- Add the Whey powder, baking powder & cinnamon. Then mix until all is moistened.
- Pour into an 8″ prepared cake pan.
Instructions for the Topping:
- Combine the nuts, molasses, Whey powder together.
- Then cut the cold butter into it to make a crumbly topping.
- Sprinkle it on top of the coffee cake.
- Bake it for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted into the middle of it, comes out clean.
Nutritional Info: Each slice has 4 carbs & 12 proteins