Carnitas are a delicious Mexican cuisine & this recipe doesn’t disappoint! Especially since it’s cooked in a crockpot & will be ready whenever you’re ready for it!
- 3 to 4 lb. pork roast shoulder
- 1 c. gluten free Hatch green chile salsa, medium heat
- 1 tsp. organic garlic powder
- Warm low carb flour tortillas
- Shredded organic lettuce
- Chopped organic tomatoes
- Sliced organic green onions
- Shredded cheese (your choice)
- Chopped organic avocado
- Sour cream
- Trim the roast of the excess fat & place in the crockpot.
- Pour salsa over the top & sprinkle on the garlic powder.
- Cover & cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- When the time’s up drain off the fat, remove the bones & shred the meat.
- Place on a warm platter or back into the warm crockpot.
- Serve with the warm gluten free tortillas & your choice of garnishes.