When the weather outside if frightful and the fire is so delightful, this soup will warm your body through and through on a cold winter’s eve. As an added bonus, it’s gluten free and vegetarian!
- 3 – 16 oz cans of organic white beans. (use cannellini beans for blender & small white beans for soup)
- 32 oz to 48 oz of organic chicken broth
- 1 bag organic baby carrots, chopped
- 1 T. organic basil
- 1 bunch organic spinach, rinsed and cut up
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- Put 1 can cannellini beans & half of the chicken broth in blender & blend until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil. Cook onion & celery in oil for 5 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Add garlic & cook for 30 seconds, continually stirring.
- Add the remaining broth, two remaining cans of white beans along with the pepper & basil and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in spinach & cook 1 minute or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top (if desired).