This soup has a thick and rich broth with shredded carrots, celery, chopped spinach and gnocchi hidden throughout.
- 3 T. butter or Lactose Free, Keto & Paleo Ghee
- 1 T. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 T. organic onion powder
- 1-2 tsp. guten free & organic garlic salt
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 – 14 oz. can organic chicken broth (for a thinner soup use 2 cans)
- 1 cup fresh organic spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast (rotisserie chicken works great!)
- 1 – 16 oz. package gluten free potato gnocchi (can substitute tortellini)
- Sea salt and organic black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot add butter & olive oil. Over medium high heat sauté onion celery & garlic until tender. Add the flour to create a roux & cook for another minute.
- Slowly add the half & half & chicken broth. Then stir until it starts to thicken. Add the spinach, chicken & gnocchi.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes or until gnocchi is cooked & soup is thickened. (If you want a thinner soup add another can of chicken broth.)
- Add salt & pepper (to taste).
- Then serve immediately.