Cranberries are considered a “super food”! They are a healthful food, due to their high nutrient and antioxidant content. Adding them to this salad kicks plain ole’ spinach up a notch!
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 3/4 cup of almonds, slivered and blanched
- 1 pound of spinach
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- Rinse and tear the spinach into bite sized pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir almonds in butter until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar, and vegetable oil.
- Add spinach to a large bowl and toss with dressing just before serving.
- Top with the toasted almonds and cranberries.