You can’t get more basic than this recipe! It’s very versatile & you can add any kind of fruit to it to make it taste even greater!
Yields 7 – 3/4 c. servings
- 6 organic eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. sugar (or powdered Monk fruit sweetener or Swerve)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 c. 1% milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. organic nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, sugar & salt. Stir well.
- Cook milk in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until bubbles form (don’t boil).
- Remove milk from the heat & gradually stir in the egg mixture while stirring constantly.
- Stir in vanilla & almond extracts.
- Pour into a deep 2 quart casserole dish coated with gluten free Grapeseed non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the top with the nutmeg (optional).
- Place casserole in a 9″ x 13″ baking pan. Add hot water to the pan to a depth of 1″.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the custard comes out almost clean.
- Serve custard warm or chilled.