Umm…Chocolate in a mug? And cake, too? I’m pretty sure that this is one of those dessert’s that should be eaten prior to a meal instead of afterwards!
- 1 1/2 T. coconut flour
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1 3/4 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 T. low carb sweetener (your choice)
- 1 egg
- 2 T. heavy cream
- 1/4 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. salt
Fresh sliced strawberries, to serve
- Add the first three ingredients to a small mixing bowl & stir to combine.
- Melt butter in a small (microwave-safe) bowl for several seconds. Add low carb sweetener & stir until completely dissolved. Add egg, heavy cream, vanilla extract & salt to the butter mixture & whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry & stir until thoroughly blended. Pour blended mixture into mug or small microwave-safe container & microwave on high for 1 minute.*
- Remove from microwave & serve immediately with fresh sliced strawberries (if desired).
*Actual cooking time will vary depending on individual unit. Check to see if they’re done after 45 seconds. Do not overcook or the cake may become too dry.