Cheesy Potato Casserole
This recipe’s so good you’ll want to have it at every family gathering! You can make variations of it by including meat, different spices & even different cheeses! Just don’t skimp on the cheese cause it’s the focus of this entire dish!
Yields 6 servings
- 8 med. organic potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 organic bay leaf
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1 – 10 3/4 oz. can of gluten free cream of chicken soup
- 1 c. low fat sour cream
- 3 organic green onions
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. organic black pepper
- 2 c. grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 c. crushed cornflakes (or gluten free Panko bread crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook potatoes in salted water with bay leaf until almost tender.
- Cool, peel & grate coarsely.
- Combine melted butter & soup. Stir together.
- Blend in sour cream, green onions, salt, pepper & 1 1/2 c. of the cheese.
- Place in a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish sprayed with extra virgin olive oil.
- Top with the remaining cheese & cornflakes (or Panko bread crumbs).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Variation: May substitute with 1 – 32 oz. pkg. of frozen hash browns.