Cheese Bites Wrapped in Prosciutto
Delicate! Decadent! Delicious! These are one of the best appetizers that you can make, day or night, for any kind of occasions!
Makes 12 Rolls
- 6 thin slices of prosciutto (or Black Forest ham)
- 1/4 c. ricotta cheese (or cream cheese)
- 1 T. fresh organic basil, minced (or 1 tsp. organic dried basil)
- 1 T. fresh organic chives, minced (or 1 tsp. freeze dried chives)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cut prosciutto in half to make 12 square pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ricotta, basil, chives & salt* (to taste).
- Spoon 1 tsp. of the cheese mixture in the middle of one of the prosciutto slices.
- Roll the prosciutto up, so it resembles an enchilada, or a jelly roll.
- Twist the ends of the prosciutto so it resembles a piece of wrapped candy.
- Cover & chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
*Be careful! The prosciutto can be salty all on its own. Taste it before adding more!