Steamed carrots are just fine if that’s what you want. But these carrots are a giant leap above them! They’re tasty, juicy & good for you!
Yields 4 servings
- 1 lb. of baby organic carrots
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 T. organic lime juice concentrate
- 1 T. butter (or Ghee)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground organic black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. Swerve
- 2 T. fresh organic parsley, snipped
- In a medium sized saucepan combine the carrots, water, lime juice, butter (or Ghee), salt & black pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat.
- Cook on low for 15 minutes or until the carrots are just tender.
- Continue to cook uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes or more or until most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally to prevent everything from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the sweetener & parsley.
Serving size = 2/3 c. | Calories 77 | Protein 1g. | Carbs 12g.