This gluten free dessert is amazingly delicious! Top it with the cream cheese frosting and you’ll have a dessert that is out of this world!
- 3 cups blanched organic & gluten free almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 T. organic & gluten free ground cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp. organic & gluten free ground nutmeg powder
- 5 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic agave nectar or organic honey
- 1/4 cup organic grape seed oil or organic palm shortening
- 3 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1 cup organic walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, agave & oil.
- Stir carrots, raisins & walnuts into wet ingredients.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Transfer batter into two well greased 9″ cake pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool cake for 3 hours, then remove from pans.
- Top with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup low fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup from Vermont or agave nectar
- 1 T. organic pure vanilla extract
- Whip heavy cream until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream cheese until smooth, then blend in maple syrup & vanilla.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold whip cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Frost your cake and serve it!