This healthy & delicious smoothie tastes more like a decadent dessert than a nutritious way to start the day. The natural sweetness of the orange & carrots are balanced by a trio of complementary spices! While a spoonful of homemade coconut whipped cream serves as the perfect finishing touch!
Tip: For best results, use coconut milk that does not contain guar gum to make the whipped cream.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Coconut Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 large organic banana, cut into chunks & frozen
- 2 large stalks organic celery, roughly chopped
- 1 large organic orange, peeled
- 4 large organic carrots, roughly chopped
- 3/4 tsp. organic & gluten free ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. organic ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4-6 ice cubes
- organic & gluten free ground cinnamon (optional garnish)
- Finely chopped organic walnuts (optional garnish)
- Chill coconut milk in refrigerator for several hours or overnight. To prepare, remove can from refrigerator without shaking or turning & remove lid.
- Scoop out the solidified “cream” from the top of the can & transfer to a mixing bowl. Reserve remaining liquid coconut milk to use in smoothie.
- Add maple syrup & orange zest (if desired) to mixing bowl & blend until light and airy.
- Allow coconut cream to warm up slightly before blending if lumps occur.