Mmmm…the aromas that this dish lets off, while you’re cooking it, are so intense! So much so that you’ll feel like eating it right out of the skillet!
- 2 c. organic onion, chopped (or 1 c. organic onion flakes)
- 4 T. organic garlic, chopped (or 2 T. organic & gluten free onion powder)
- 2 c. organic celery, chopped
- 2 c. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 4 organic eggplants, cubed
- 2 cans organic peeled plum tomatoes
- 1/2 c. organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 pt. organic & Kosher pitted black olives
- 1 pt. organic green olives
- 1 – 3 oz. jar of organic & gluten free capers
- Sea salt, organic black pepper & organic dried oregano, to taste.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion, garlic & celery in half of the oil until they’re soft.
- Add half of the eggplant & half of the tomatoes. Cook until everything is soft.
- Add half of the vinegar & pour into a large dish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the remainder of the oil, eggplant, tomatoes & vinegar. Cook until soft.
- Combine with the first batch & add the olives, capers & spices.
- Allow to marinate.
- Best when served at room temp with gluten free crackers or wraps!