This is a great dish to serve at a potluck dinner! Or to make & eat when it’s cold outside! They’ll warm you up from the inside out!
- 1 strip of low sugar bacon
- 1/2 c. organic onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. no sugar ketchup
- 2 T. organic white vinegar
- 2 T. water
- 1 tsp. organic prepared mustard
- 1 tsp. gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground organic black pepper
- 1 – 15 1/2 oz. can of Great Northern beans, drained
- 1/3 c. Monk fruit sweetener
- Cut bacon into 1″ pieces & place in a 1 1/2 quart microwavable casserole dish.
- Cook uncovered on high for 1 minute.
- Add onion & cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, stirring once.
- In a saucepan combine ketchup, vinegar, water, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper. Then add them to the bacon mixture.
- Stir in Monk fruit sweetener.
- Stir beans & cover with a lid. Cook on high for 4 minutes, then on medium for 8 to 10 minutes.
Serving size = 1/2 cup: Calories 185 | Total fat 1 g. | Sodium 49 mg. | Protein 9 g. | Carbs 36 g.