Eat this as a main dish or as a side dish. No matter how you eat it, it hits the spot!
- 5 oz. can black beans, rinsed
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork a few times and bake in the oven for about one hour, or until tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, place beans, tomatoes, olive oil, spices (cumin and coriander) in a saucepan. Season with salt and cook until heated through.
- Cut each potato lengthwise and press open to make a well. Spoon the bean mixture on top in the center of the sweet potatoes, add a bit of sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro.