Baked Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans
Eat this as a main dish or as a side dish. No matter how you eat it, it hits the spot!
- 5 oz. can organic black beans, rinsed
- 4 medium-sized organic sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 T. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium organic tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. organic ground coriander
- 1 tsp. organic ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh organic cilantro, chopped (or 1/8 c. dried organic cilantro)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork a few times & bake in the oven for about one hour, or until tender. Remove from oven & allow to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, place beans, tomatoes, olive oil, spices (cumin and coriander) in a saucepan. Season with salt & cook until heated through.
- Cut each potato lengthwise & press open to make a well. Spoon the bean mixture on top in the center of the sweet potatoes, add a bit of sour cream & sprinkle with cilantro.