This is not canned spinach. Sorry Popeye. This is a great tasting side dish that you might just find a fondness for! Spinach & cheese? What could go wrong with that? Absolutely & positively nothing!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded (or you can substitute any white cheese of your choice)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven the oven to 350°F.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter. Once it’s melted, add the onion, garlic, salt & pepper (to taste). Sautéing everything until tender.
- Add the spinach & mix with a wooden spoon to coat the spinach. Reduce the heat to medium-low & cover your pan with a lid. Let it cook for about 3 minutes.
- Now you’re ready to prepare your casserole dish. Put half the shredded cheese on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- On top of the cheese, place all the spinach mixture. Then top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered, for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese begins to bubble.