This recipe is like a Shepherd’s Pie except without all the high carbs & sugars. Which is to say that it’s much healthier for you & it tastes great, too!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or lean ground turkey
- 1 c. organic onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 organic eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. Carbquik Baking Mix
- 1 c. milk (or almond milk or coconut milk)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Brown the beef or turkey & drain.
- Spread in a 10 1/2″ pie pan that’s been sprayed with extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle it with salt & cheese.
- Mix eggs, Carbquik Baking Mix & milk until blended.
- Pour into pie pan & bake for 25 minutes.