Avocado Baked Eggs Loaded!
You won’t believe how amazing these breakfast “eggs” taste! Not to mention how healthy they are, too!
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 4 medium eggs
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c. Cheddar Jack Cheese, shredded
- 3 strips sugar free bacon (pork or turkey), cooked crispy and crumbled
- Chives or green onions (green parts only), sliced thin (optional garnish)
Tip: To keep your loaded avocado’s from tipping over in the oven, place them on a muffin tin or roll up some aluminum foil & form into small round circles. Then place those on a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350° F & line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise & remove the pits. Use a spoon to carefully remove some of the avocado flesh around the pit to create more space for the egg.
- Reserve removed flesh for another use. Or smash it & season it with sea salt and pepper (to taste) & top each baked avocado half with a spoonful before serving.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl or a measuring cup & then carefully transfer the egg into one of the prepared avocado halves. Place the filled avocado onto the prepared baking sheet & repeat this process with the remaining avocado halves and eggs.
- Season each with sea salt & black pepper (to taste).
- Place filled avocado halves in preheated oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Or until the eggs are cooked according to your preference.
- Remove from oven and top each avocado half with shredded Cheddar Jack cheese and crispy bacon crumbles.
- Garnish with chives or sliced green onions (if desired) & serve immediately.