Although combining these ingredients doesn’t sound like they’d taste very good. You’d be amazed at the flavor once you put the dish together!
- 2 c. carrots, cleaned, sliced & cooked until they’re fork tender
- 1 c. string beans, cooked just until they’re pliable
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 5 T. unsalted butter, melted & divided
- 1/3 c. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c. milk or almond milk
- 1 c. Gluten free Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine carrots, string beans, salt, 3 T. butter, cheese, egg & milk.
- Pour into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine remaining butter & bread crumbs & sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes. You’ll know when it’s done when you see the juices bubbling up the sides of the baking dish.