If cooked the right way, like is done in this recipe, asparagus is delectable! And when you add the pine nuts, sprinkled on top, it takes this dish over the top!
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 T. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, diced
- Cut the ends off of the asparagus stems & steam the spears for about 3 minutes.
- Once the asparagus has steamed, over medium heat, remove it from the steamer.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the red wine vinegar & asparagus and sauté for about 2 minutes. When the asparagus starts to brown slightly it’s ready.
- Season it with salt and pepper (to taste) & top with chopped pine nuts.